How the service works:
We come to your business and provide employees with a Flu Vaccination
- Fluvax brochures and other promotional material (including posters) to advertise the date, time and site of the clinics if required
- consent forms and Consumer Medical Information sheets
- all clinical supplies to safely and professionally administer the vaccine
- safety equipment in case of emergency
- sharps containers and disposal
- and of course a lollipop for each employee vaccinated!
IMPORTANT: Person giving consent should read the immunisation information provided, before completing this
section. Any queries regarding vaccination can be discussed with a General Practitioner prior to immunisation.
Please read the following information and answer questions below;
Influenza vaccine cannot give you the flu. The vaccine does not contain any live virus.
The influenza vaccine is very safe. Most people experience minimal symptoms after their vaccination.
However some people may experience redness or soreness at the injection site. Mild flu like symptoms can occur and resolve within a few days. These include mild
fever, headache, muscle pain. This is most likely to be your body’s immune response to the Influenza Vaccine
The Influenza vaccine is generally well tolerated. After vaccination we request that you wait 15 minutes, the General Practitioner is readily
available if there are any immediate concerns. The recommendation is not to drive or operate machinery for 30 minutes following vaccinations.
Post vaccination you will receive a Vaccine Safety Information/Record Sheet. If you have any concerns refer to this advice sheet and phone numbers provided.
NOTE: If you have any questions about this information or any other matter relating to vaccination, please ask your GP before the vaccine is given.