We see patients
- At your age care facility
- Bulk billed
All nursing home patients can access our locum after hours home visiting medical service if their postcode falls within our coverage area. The service is entirely bulk billed and there are no out of pocket costs if you have a Medicare or Veterans Affairs card. If medical attention is required after hours and it’s not an emergency, patients may ring our call centre, on 1300 640 471 (1300 CALLTHEDR) and request a doctor to come and visit them.
Phone calls are prioritized by our experienced call centre staff and relayed to our doctors on the road. You may be provided with self care management advice prior to the doctor’s arrival or, if required, appropriately referred to emergency services. We can also provide starter medications and prescriptions free of charge. A detailed report of your consult will be forwarded to your General Practitioner for continuity of care.
Our qualified doctors provide the following services and many more;
- General health assessments, simple advice and reassurance
- All consults relating to cuts, stitches, bruises and sprains
- Filling of Medication Charts if required
- We provide prescriptions if deemed necessary and are urgent
- We provide starter medications if the chemists are closed or difficult to get to. Teams are equipped with well stocked doctors bags comprising commonly used medications, emergency resuscitation, dressings and stitch up kits.